Friday, March 26, 2010

Liriope gets a haircut

See the pattern, yet? Ok, ok! I think I'm finished with the haircut series after this post.
I really felt like the liriope needed to be pruned. It was messy and tired looking. Here, here, and here said it was ok to do it. I think it would have been so much easier to do with hedge clippers, but I used a hand pruner.


Here it is looking tired and messy.
 Here you can see the difference trimming makes. The ones in the front have been pruned. The ones in the back have not.


Since I was using a hand pruner, I had to sort of grap a clump and twist to get a good cut. I really felt like I was doing exactly what the hairdresser does for the really styled cuts!

Under this clump, was a sprinkler head. I'm sure it was beneficial for me to cut away the growth that was covering it.
All done!

Inspirational pic of liriope:
via here
via here

No comments:

Post a Comment